18 QUESTIONS WITH ·CRISTINA LOPEZ McLAUCHLAN
Founder of The Vibe Tribe, Global citizen, conduit for change, connector and doing the best that she can with each day that is gifted.
Connect with her at:
1. WHAT DO YOU DO?
..big question! I LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST!
I do the best that I can with each day that is gifted to me. I try and be as present and authentic as I can, first and foremost to myself and for myself, so that the work that I do with my clients and for the community is delivered with the upmost integrity. The title that I use is 'Ethical Publicist', using my 20+ years experience in the hospitality, sales, communications and brand industry, I married it with my passion for holistic living in order to support individuals and brands to leverage their mission.
2. WHAT ARE YOU MOST THANKFUL FOR?
Love and Laughter.
The lessons that arrive each and every day, dare I say it - the painful lessons also, I believe that they are the biggest teachers over time. I am thankful for my health, for my community, family, the blessed upbringing that I had that gifted me with education, food, clothing and travel.
I am thankful for so much, I could go on and on...
3. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Travel inspires me...the gift of having a passport and the ability to fund travel. Allowing me to discover so many parts of this world we live in. The ability to immerse oneself in different cultures and to see and experience that we are all one and the same.
Nature inspires me, we are nature, and the more I spend time in the sea, on the land, climbing mountains - it is just PURE magnificence. The people I choose to spend time with inspire me.
4. WHAT SCARES YOU?
The deterioration of ones health and the concept of death. I haven't had many loved ones pass over so it is an unfamiliar concept for me. The body is far more sophisticated than just the mind. We are an amazing creation.
5. WHAT IS ON YOUR BUCKET LIST AND HOW DO YOU PLAN TO ACHIEVE IT?
There are items on my bucket list that get ticked off daily, like - connect with a stranger and make someone smile. That is on my daily bucket list. I am blessed to be able to tick something off my bucket list daily, and even tick multiple boxes off.
The grander things are connected to travel / nature / languages and adventure : such as climbing Patagonia, diving with sharks, the Grand Canyon, seeing the Northern Lights, 3 months in India...how much time do we have to list it all down?
6. WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL ACCOMPLISHED?
First and foremost being healthy, the longer I am spending here on Earth the more I am recognising how empowering it is to be healthy, strong and fluid.
Seeing how the work that I do, whether it's at the office, guiding yoga on the mat, creating awareness through Conscious Cinema or my holistic workshops. Seeing how people react, hearing what people have to say - WOW. To be able to contribute to the wellness of another. To be of service.
7. IF A GENIE GRANTED YOU 3 WISHES RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD YOU WISH FOR?
1. An 'angel' investment for The Vibe Tribe, so it can grow a little bit and I can hire others to support me.
2. Less ego / More understanding > Less fear / More compassion > Less greed / More acceptance = Less war / More peace.
3. To 'fly' to space safely, see the universe / galaxy and Earth from that point of view during an eclipse and return to Earth to share the experience.
8. WHAT IS YOUR PHILOSOPHY IN LIFE?
Gratitude for all that I have in the knowledge that life is fleeting (we assume we will always wake up tomorrow) Knowing that emotions are a constant ebb and flow. Community counts, supporting each other so valuable. Breathe baby breathe and most of all LAUGH and LOVE.
9. WHAT IS YOU BIGGEST REGRET?
Not sure if it was a regret or if was one of those life lessons...
Not being able to have the tools to observe and overcome ego and fear; it impacted many areas of my life for quite a few years.
10. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT WHEN YOU ARE BY YOURSELF?
The beauty in being wherever I am. How blessed I am with the life I have had and have and all is enough.
11. HOW DO YOU CREATE MORE PEACE, BALANCE AND ABUNDANCE IN YOUR LIFE?
- Get into and be with nature.
- Softness with self.
- Trust the process.
- Calibrate myself to be in an energetic vibration where mind, body and soul are dancing with each other so that abundance appears.
12. ARE YOU RELIGIOUS OF SPIRITUAL?
Spiritual. Born a catholic, raised a catholic. Now I am spiritual - there is something bigger than us for sure. Some friends have called a hippy and quite woo-woo, ha ha! Love it!
13. DO YOU BELIEVE IN COINCIDENCES OR FATE?
I believe that we arrive with a blueprint. It is 'written'. Then along the way we can change our paths and directions and coincidences happen to take us back on the path of that blueprint. I am really interested in metaphysics and quantum physics these days. I think that coincidences happen because of the law of karma...though is it fate the coincidence happened? Ah...the intrigue.
14. DO YOU HAVE AN ULTIMATE GOAL FOR YOUR LIFE?
My ultimate goal in life is to contribute to society and the community in supporting us as a human race and our world to be at one. BIG goal, baby steps. This is how I #brandmyvibe and #raisemyvibe
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK/MOVIE AND WHY DID IT SPEAK TO YOU SO MUCH?
Book - I always go to one of the first spiritual books I read 'The Celestine Prophecy'
Movie - oh too many movies, I am a film buff. Hollywood blockbusters, romances, foreign films and documentaries. One of the reasons why I started Conscious Cinema, was because of my love of film. I love, love, love the triple treat of : Before Sunrise, Before Sunset and Before Midnight. Great script, great actors, great story line!
16. WHAT DOES THE FUTURE OF OUR PLANET LOOK LIKE?
Only time will tell!
We can be fearful of what we see or active in changing it.
A massive meteor could fly through our atmosphere and blast us all off our axis.
17. YOUR TOP 5 SUGGESTIONS ON HOW EVERYONE CAN BEGIN DOING THEIR PART TOWARDS SUSTAINABLE LIVING?
- It all starts with YOU
- YOU choose with how you want to live - in thought and action.
- I am hot on being a conscious consumer.
- What we do with each dollar we have is a massive vote, what we buy, who we buy it from creates 'the system' we live in.
- We now know there is no such thing as 'throw away' - our Earth cannot sustain the amount of resources we are consuming and producing - waste in all forms is tipping us out of balance.
IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU!
18. WHY HONG KONG?
Ahhhhh, Hong Kong chose me.
I came here in September 2016 for a huge PR role for a hotel that was being developed in Guam.
I packed up my life (again) this time in NZ, and said see you soon to my community and loved ones. I arrived in HKG 2 days before I was to start work, and on the day that I was to start...I was sent a text message (yes, a text message) to say that there was a large restructure in the company and my position was no longer required.
Thank goodness for the training of life and a pat on the back to me on how I approached the scenario. TRUST, TRUST, TRUST AND work hard. The universe has got your back...a year later, here we are.
Indeed it does...so grateful beyond measure for this blessed life.